With so many hayfever and allergy medications to choose from, how do you know which one may help to alleviate your symptoms? The appropriate treatment for your allergies will depend on the severity of your condition, the symptoms you’re experiencing and the allergen that is triggering the immune system.
Medical treatments for hayfever allergy can include:
- Over‐the‐counter antihistamine medications
- Intranasal corticosteroid sprays
- Saline nasal sprays
- Decongestants – oral or intranasal
Allergy Treatment Advice
- Developing strategies to avoid exposure to allergens can be an important management tool for those with allergies. For those with allergic rhinitis (hay fever), avoiding allergen exposure is easier if it is possible to identify the allergen that causes the reaction. Once the allergen is known, minimising the exposure to the confirmed allergens may help reduce symptoms.
- There are several types of allergic rhinitis medications available, including non-sedating antihistamines (tablets, syrups, nasal sprays), intranasal corticosteroid (INCS) sprays, sprays containing a combination of INCS and antihistamine, saline nasal sprays and rinses.
To find out more about common over‐the‐counter hayfever allergy treatments available, visit your local pharmacy.
It’s always important to seek advice from your pharmacist or doctor to determine which medication is right for you.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Learn about which Telfast product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
MAT-AU-2102102. Nov 2021.