Telfast is a second generation antihistamine, which means it is less likely to cause drowsiness than some of the earlier antihistamines. Antihistamines are used to help with managing the symptoms of a number of allergic health conditions. Common allergic conditions are hayfever and allergic skin conditions. Antihistamines don’t cure these conditions but can often provide much needed relief from the unpleasant symptoms. Allergies can have a huge impact on the quality of life for sufferers, particularly if they are long term or re-occur often, such as in the case of hayfever.
Allergies are caused by an overactive immune system where the body mistakenly a harmless substance such as pollen as dangerous and then tries to ‘attack’ it. After the exposure to the allergen, or ‘threat’, the body produces too much histamine which is responsible for the symptoms of allergies such as runny nose, sneezing and itching. Antihistamines block histamine receptor sites, which prevent histamines from attaching to cells and causing allergy symptoms.
Telfast surveyed nearly 800 people suffering from allergies in Australia to find out how their quality of life could be improved. Due to the huge impact allergies can have day to day life, it’s not surprising that allergy sufferers said that they just wanted to use the most efficient product. What that meant to participants in the survey was a potent and strong antihistamine, that is fast acting and also long lasting.
Telfast contains 180mg of the active ingredient fexofenadine hydrochloride (HCl.) This is a fast-acting antihistamine shown by considerable research to relieve the symptoms of allergies, without causing drowsiness. This active ingredient works similarly to many antihistamine by blocking histamine receptors in the cells of the body. Fexofenadine appears to be more effective if taken daily, rather than sporadically on an as-needed basis. As allergy symptoms often peak in the morning, evening administration may be more suitable for better control of symptoms.
Telfast 180mg provides five important benefits in one tablet:
- Fast Acting – Telfast works within the hour of taking it. When suffering from unpleasant symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat and eyes wants relief as quick as possible.
- Non-Drowsy – the active ingredient fexofenadine HCl is a second generation antihistamine which does not cause drowsiness.
- 24 Hour Symptom Relief – Telfast contains 180mg of active ingredient which provides relief of symptoms for 24 hours. This means it can be taken in a convenient one per day dosage, making it much easier than having to take multiple doses throughout the day.
- Multi-Symptom Relief – Telfast 180mg provides fast relief from the multiple symptoms of allergic conditions including sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, itching, skin rashes and hives. Depending on the severity of the allergic condition, sufferers may experience many symptoms or only one.
- Effective every day – one tablet a day provides effective relief from hayfever allergies.
Who is Telfast 180mg most suitable for?
Telfast 180mg is suitable for most hayfever allergy conditions. Due to the 5-in-1 multi-benefit relief, one tablet it most suits those suffering with hayfever symptoms such as sneezing, itchy and runny nose and itchy throat. It is also suitable for those suffering with symptoms of itchy skin rash or hives (urticaria) associated with allergies. People who want a non-drowsy, fast acting, multi-symptoms relief antihistamine with long lasting 24 hour effectiveness should consider Telfast 180mg.
Who is Telfast 180mg not suitable for?
Caution is required if you are pregnant or may become pregnant. If you are breastfeeding, check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine. Not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Reference: 1. IPSOS Allergy Category Shopping Research, 2 quant report_29.Jan.2015
Reference: 2. Telfast Product Information (Apr 2016)